BRIEF ON THE MINISTRY
The Ministry of Budget and Planning was created from the erstwhile Bureau of Management and Budget in July, 2011 by the past Administration under the leadership of His Excellency Senator Ibikunle AmosunCON, FCA. The vision of the Ministry is to deliver proficient financial management services towards the effective actualization of Government policies and programmes prudently and efficiently without compromising transparency and accountability.
State Secretariat, Oke – Mosan, Abeokuta
P.M.B 2058, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State
( Vacant )
Mr. Hassan Taiwo Adekunle (08033189778 )
Akintomiwa O. Osibodu
- Preparation, Monitoring and Control of the State’s Annual Budget;
- Preparation of Supplementary/Alignment of Estimates;
- Liaison with Ministry of Finance/State Treasury Office/House of Assembly and other relevant stake holders on budgetary and financial matters;
- Processing of monthly staff Salaries/Allowances/Civilian Pensions/Bulk releases/Leave Bonus/Gratuities;
- Processing of Severance Gratuity, Furniture Allowance, and Wardrobe Allowance of Political Officer Holders;
- Monitoring and control of the State Contingency Vote, and
- Secretariat of the Public Financial Management (PFM) Reform Agenda.
|MR. Akinyemi Oajide Otunuga|
- Co-ordination of all Donor Programmes in the State, and
- Preparing the MTSS & MTEF documents for the State and all other planning related matters.
- Coordination of activities of all Local and International Donors in the State e.g. UNICEF, UNFPA, World Bank, Federal-Assisted Programmes and Projects.
- Operational and maintain the execution of the Development Partner Coordination Policy.
- Keep and maintain a record of all Development Partner activities in the State.
- Coordination and monitoring of all implementing Partners which cuts across State MDA
- To prepare Annual plans in conjunction with executing MDAS, identifying all milestones, deliverables, Key Performance Indicators (KPIS) and Counterpart Funding requirements for each Budget year.
- Benchmark Development Partner activities and outcomes against stated developmental objectives of the State.
- Prepare Report for Development Partner Policy Reviews.
- Prepare Comprehensive Quarterly Reports.
|MR. Dolamu Idowu-Agida|
1. General Administration
- Ensuring safety of lives and property of the Ministry;
- Maintenance of Ministry’s premises;
- General staff welfare and motivation;
- Matters affecting NYSC, and
- Processing of Car-Refurbishing loan.
2. Personnel and Establishment
- Processing of Staff Promotion;
- Processing of Confirmation of Appointment;
- Processing of Leave Requests;
- Processing of Retirement;
- Processing of Inter-cadre Transfers;
- Preparation of staff Nominal Roll;
- Training programmes for staff;
- Maintenance of Discipline;
- Preparation of Manpower;
- Maintenance of Supplies Database, and
- Supervision of both Open and Confidential Registries
- Develop and build staff capacity on indicators, data collection forms and database;
- Develop mechanism for monitoring Budget Implementation;
- Monitoring of Budget for Compliance;
- Conduct pre-payment inspection;
- Advise MDAs on Budget Implementation trends;
- Linkage with the Compliance Department of the Ministry of Finance;
- Build capacity on data collection process, its flow, reporting timelines, responsible persons and its use;
- Ensure data collection, collation, analysis, dissemination of data collected from all agencies;
- On-the-job mentoring of implementing agencies (facility, MDAs) staff on data management;
- Regular data validation meeting with stakeholders;
- Conduct regular monitoring and supervisory visits to implementing facilities;
- Facilitate/support the conduct of data review meetings;
- Work closely with other units to compile regular reports/documents and other progress reports;
- Facilitate dissemination of program/project data with stakeholders;
- Develop a framework for the tracking (planned/actual) of program/project deliverables/target and provide necessary feedback for program/project improvement;
- Conduct Baseline, Mid-Term and End Term Evaluation of program/ project;
- Support the development of work plan and provide evidence/justification for proposed activities;
- Provide accurate data to stakeholders for program/project planning, decision making and policy formulation;
- Collaborate with other program/project partners at MDAs & State levels;
- Participate in relevant M&E Sub-committee meetings.
- Administration of Salaries;
- Preparation and Payment of leave bonus;
- Administration/Receipts of revenue for Government and disbursement of expenditure;
- Preparation of revenue and expenditure returns to the Office of the Accountant-General, Office of the Auditor-General and Department of Budget;
- Collection of Cheques from the Office of the Accountant-General, Payment of such cheques to the Ministry’s Bank Accounts as well as the disbursement of cash to the requesting department of the Ministry;
- Preparation of Ministry Budget;
- Preparation of the Bank Reconciliation Statements;
- Reconciliation of the expenditure and revenue returns with the final account Department of the Office of the Accountant-General;
- Preparation of cash books and other principal books of accounts
- Appropriation Account, and
- Payment Vouchers
- Preparation of Vouchers;
- Preparation of Donor Agencies accounts such as UNICEF. UNFPA and Conditional Grant Scheme (CGS).
- Recording and keeping of individual National Housing Fund (NHF) passbooks.
- Monthly Coordination meeting of all Implementing Agencies of the World Bank, UNFPA and UNICEF and other donor agencies.
- Carrying out oversight on activities of World Bank Implementing Agencies in the State.
- Conduct of Year 2019 UNICEF 2nd and 3rd Quarter activities.
- Implementation of the 2019 approved estimate for the State
- Implementation of the Medium Term Sector Strategy (MTSS) for the State.
- Implementation of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGS) Projects.
- Implementation of 2015 Conditional Grant Scheme to Local Government Areas (CGS-LGAs) Track Projects.
- Continues monitoring and control of the 2019 State’s Annual Budget