BRIEF ON THE MINISTRY
The Ministry of Community Development and Cooperatives was created to enhance grassroots empowerment and socio-economic transformation of the State through the framework of Community Development Associations (CDAS), Cooperative Societies and Trade Associations.
BLOCK B, STATE SECRETARIAT, OKE-MOSAN, ABEOKUTA, OGUN STATE.
P.M.B 2058, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State
Hon. Francis Gbenga Adenmosun (08033357089 | email@example.com)
Mr. O.O. Odeyemi (08033184507 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
To facilitate sustainable development of Communities in the State through people’s participation in governance.
To provide enabling environment for Community Development Associations (CDAs), Cooperative Societies and Trade Associations in order to effectively serve as a bridge between the Government and the People at the grassroots.
- Mobilization of Community Development Associations, Cooperative Societies and Trade Associations as agents of grassroots development and economic empowerment.
- Mainstream Peace-Building and conflict resolution into Community Development, Cooperative and Trade Practices.
- Facilitating the growth of the Associations and Societies.
The Ministry also supervises the management of two (2) Institutions which are affiliated to Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye.
- Social Development Institute (Shasha) Iperu-Remo:- It is a professional training institution that specializes in the training of social workers at the Certificate and Diploma levels. It also organizes capacity building workshops for Community Leaders.
- Cooperative College, Ijeja, Abeokuta: - The college specializes in the training of middle level manpower necessary to manage cooperative Societies and Unions.
It is important to add that graduates of the two (2) institutions qualify for direct entry admission into Olabisi Onabanjo University in relevant disciplines, courtesy the affiliation arrangement.
Alhaji M.A.S. Shorinola
The Department is responsible for mobilizing and motivating Community Development Associations in order to embark on viable self-help projects. It also enhances the development and growth of Community Development Associations in order to achieve grassroots development as well as to mainstream peace building and conflict resolution into Community Development practice.
Fatudimu O.O. (Ms.)
The Trade Development/Monitoring and Evaluation Department was carved out from the Community Development Department to serve as agent of government to monitor and coordinate activities of Trade Associations in Ogun state.
Amongst other things, the department acts as a bridge between Trade Associations and the state and local government as well as international partners. They also assist the state government at improving the Internally Generated Revenue (IGR) by capturing all Trades Association in the revenue net.
Mr. B.O. Oladipupo
This Department is responsible for mobilizing and motivating Cooperative Societies in order to embark on profitable business enterprises and to enhance the development and growth of Cooperative Societies in order to achieve better economic empowerment.
Mr. M.O. Adebayo
The Department is the image maker of the Ministry. It also serves as the Data Bank of the Ministry. It is responsible for the overall planning, coordination, data collection, collation and storage of the activities of the Ministry. It also carries out effective monitoring and evaluation of projects as at when due.
Mr. Kamil Olaleye
The Department is the “house keeper” of the Ministry. It coordinates the activities of the Ministry as well as see to the welfare and well-being of the entire staff. The Department also motivates the staff towards better productivity by seeing to their promotion and capacity building through training.
Mrs. O.O. Olanrewaju
This Department sees to the management of money as well as prompt payment of salaries and allowances of all staff. It develops the Long/Medium and Short term plans and preparation of Annual Budgets. It is also responsible for making payments and general financial reports.
- Disbursement of year 2016 grants-in-aids to CDAs.
- Monitoring of the activities of established CDAs, Trade Associations and Cooperative Societies.
- Updating of Database of CDAs, Trade Associations and Cooperative Societies on a continuous basis.
- Registration of more CDAS, Trade Associations and Cooperative Societies state wide.
- Celebration of Community day.
- Continuous disbursement of Annual grants-in-aid to CDAs.
- Payment of Annual subventions to the State Cooperative Federation Limited (OGSCOFED) and Ogun State Community Development Council.
- Capacity building/ Human capital Development for CDAs, Trade Associations and Cooperative Societies.
- Continuous registrations of more CDAs, Trade Associations and Cooperative Societies.
- Updating of the Comprehensive database for every existing CDAs, Trade Associations and Cooperative Societies.
- Renovation of Social Development Institute, (Shasha), Iperu, Ogun State.