BRIEF ON THE AGENCY
Ogun State Property and Investment Corporation was established in September 1984 and legally empowered by edict No 10 of 1985 to function as a self-sustaining statutory corporation. This was as a result of the vision to establish a state owned investment Corporation in Ogun State originated under the military administration of Lt. Gen. (Rtd) Oladipo Diya (FSS, MNI), the State Governor between 1984 and 1985.
The late Chief Olawale Otesile, the then Permanent Secretary in the State’s Civil Service was seconded to Ogun State Property & Investment Corporation (OPIC), at inception, to midwife its take-off. Chief Otesile and his team of vibrant officers wore the first mantle of OPIC leadership on September 1, 1984.
Otesile’s team then commenced OPIC’s operation with very strong volition to succeed with the mandate to fully explore the potentials and opportunities that abound in border towns of Ogun State in particular, and by extension, other parts of Nigeria.
Equipped with Edict No.10 of 1985, the shrewd Opic pioneers rose to the challenge of their callings, setting the pace of the growth of newly born OPIC, right from its cradle to mighty estates in Agbara, Isheri, Ikeja- Lagos and Abeokuta.
The establishment of OPIC as a self-sustaining government owned statutory corporation, has provided a strong base for its achievements in the Ogun State housing sector and business initiatives.
OPIC’s Headquarters is located within OPIC roundabout, Oke Ilewo, Abeokuta and it consists of two high rise buildings.
- A six floor office building occupied by OPIC, which was commissioned 30th of April 1994.
- A twelve floor commercial office tower which was commissioned on the 12th May, 2011 and presently occupied by various commercial entities.
Both buildings were developed using OPIC’s internally generated revenue (IGR).
In 2012, the Immediate Past Administration inaugurated a panel of enquiry chaired by Hon.Justice Akinyemi to review dealings in state lands and assets. This panel invited and reviewed petitions/ allegations by both private and public institutions.
One of the salient findings of the panel which the state adopted called for the restructuring of OPIC and its merger with GCDCL.
OPIC’s operations were merged with those of Gateway City Development Company in 2013. Through this merger, OPIC regained control over 22 hectares located at Isheri and it was christened Isheri Commercial City and 750 Hectares located at Sagamu Interchange, now known as New Makun City.
OPIC provides clients affordable accommodation in a world class secured, peaceful and serene environment with a conscious and determined effort to make its estates absolutely self-sufficient in meeting the daily challenges of residents.
DIYA HOUSE, OPIC ROUNDABOUT, OKE-ILEWO, ABEOKUTA
Mrs. Ibiyemi Adesoye Ag. ( 08150458792)
Mr Adeniyi Adenekan
- Payroll Services
- Issuance of Receipt and Payment
- Budgetting and Budgetary Services
- Final Account
- Other Accounting Services
Adeyinka Awopeju, Esq
- Perfection of Title Documentation for Allottees.
- Handling Board and Management Secretarial duties.
- Legal representation for OPIC.
- Rendering legal advice to the corporation.
- Crisis mediation and conflict resolution on issues involving the Corporation.
Esv Ibironke. S. Alaba
- Oversee all estate affairs including rent, service charge and determination of lease
- Maintenance of all OPIC facilities
- Harnessing clients/tenant correspondences in OPIC commercial properties.
MR. Taiwo Ogunyanwo Oluseun
- Oversee maintenance of facilities, offices and equipment to ensure optimum performance and conducive office/ work environment.
- Organizing constant and specialized training within each staff profession and beyond.
- Coordinating all security activities
- Harnessing proper documentation of records.
Mr Dehinde Boye
- Oversee Business Development initiatives
- Co-ordinate PR, publications and marketing services.
- Co-ordinate CSR initiatives.
- Handling properties and direct marketing initiatives to Corporate Organizations
- Event Management and Planning.
Qs Gbolahan Popoola
- Feasibility Studies and preparation of Estimates.
- Preparation of Financial Statement and Valuation of works.
- Tender Analysis, Report and Tender Negotiation.
- Valuation of Claims and fluctuation
surv. Olutayo A. Ayowole
- Managing Planning, Design, and Building Stages of Construction Projects
- Evaluating Structural, Electrical and Mechanical condition of project.
Engr. Adebanjo A. Ogunsobo
- Advising the accounting officer and other Departmental Heads on all financial matters.
- Ensuring that monies are collected as and when due and keeping proper records of Accounts.
- Providing information on financial regulations and other treasury and financial circulars.
- Maintaining proper records of accounts such as main and subsidiary ledgers, cash book, DVEA book, personal advances and ledgers, etc.
- Ensuring timely preparation of Financial Accounts and Financial Statements.