BRIEF ON THE MINISTRY
The Ministry of Environment was established in July, 2003 with the aim of creating better living and conducive environment for the entire people of Ogun State. The Ministry has five (5) departments and two (2) sister Agencies namely, Ogun Environmental Protection Agency (OGEPA) and Ogun State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA).
Block B, New Secretariat Complex, Oke- Mosan, Abeokuta
P.M.B 2114, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State
( Vacant )
Mrs. Yetunde Olubukola Dina ( 08167775818 )
Barr. E.O Bamgboye
Essentially, the Department of Administration and Supplies is involved in the management, co-ordination and facilitation of the activities of other Departments. These include:
- Serving as Secretariat to the Senior Staff Management Committee
- Junior Staff recruitment, Promotion and Disciplinary Committee
- Handling the confirmation of appointment of Senior/Junior Staff
- Registration of Environmental consultants or contractors, Industrial and Municipal as well as renewal of their contract
- Servicing of Management, Ministerial and Departmental Tenders’ Board meetings
- Collaboration with the Bureau of Establishments and Training to organize Workshops and Seminars on environmental sanitation
- Taking charge of store
- Making local purchases of approved materials and equipment
- Issuing and receiving materials and equipment
Mr. Jubril Owolabi Oduntan
- Environmental Sanitation, Protection Service and Street Sweeping Exercise.
- Landscaping and Beautification
- Environmental and Natural Resources Conservation
- Nature and Biodiversity Conservation
- Management and Conservation of Threatened and Endangered species of animals and plants
- Meteorological Service (Meteorological Stations, Monitoring etc)
- Water Shed Management
- Ground and Surface Water Monitoring
- Sewage and Water Quality Monitoring
- Monitoring the impact of Global Climate Change on drought and Desertification
- Global Warming
- Monitoring and Conservation of Atmosphere, Hydrosphere, Lithosphere and Biosphere
- Activities of the defunct Natural Resources Conservation Council
- Petroleum and Solid Mineral Monitoring.
Mr. Oluyinka Ogunjuwon
The Planning Research and Statistics Department was established to plan, undertake research and gather data or information which will allow the Ministry to grow and develop.
- Collection and collation of data relevant to the functions of the Ministry;
- Processing research finding
- Environmental Education
- Creation of Environmental Awareness
- Control of street trading and illegal markets
- Preparation and monitoring of Environmental development service scheme
- Environmental Management Scheme
- Linking the state with International Agencies on Environmental Issue
- Managing Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and review of major projects in Ogun State in conjunction with Federal Ministry of Environment in line with EIA Act No 86 of 1992.
- Managing the ministry’s reference library.
- WED (World Environment Day)
Mrs. Oluyemi Olatunde Oloyede
- Preparing periodical financial reports of the Ministry.
- Disbursement of funds to Departments
- Organizing, supervising and consolidating the accounts of the Ministry
- Ensuring prompt preparation and payment of salaries and allowances of staff
- Attending to Audit and Public Accounts Committee queries
- Reconciliation of Revenue and Expenditure Accounts
- Ensuring prompt revenue collection and rendition of its returns
- Supervision and training of junior and intermediate officers
- Any other duty that may be assigned to the Department by a legitimate Authority.
- Compilation/Processing of street sweepers salaries across the State on a Monthly basis.
- Updating of Car refurbishing/Motorcycle advances
- Preparation of Annual budget of the Ministry
- Keeping and updating of National Housing fund records
Bashiru Suliamon A.
- Administration of Salaries;
- Preparation and Payment of leave bonus;
- Administration/Receipts of revenue for Government and disbursement of expenditure;
- Preparation of revenue and expenditure returns to the Office of the Accountant-General, Office of the Auditor-General and Department of Budget;
- Collection of Cheques from the Office of the Accountant-General, Payment of such cheques to the Ministry’s Bank Accounts as well as the disbursement of cash to the requesting department of the Ministry;
- Preparation of Ministry Budget;
- Preparation of the Bank Reconciliation Statements;
- Reconciliation of the expenditure and revenue returns with the final account Department of the Office of the Accountant-General;
- Preparation of cash books and other principal books of accounts
- Appropriation Account, and
- Payment Vouchers
- Preparation of Vouchers;
- Preparation of Donor Agencies accounts such as UNICEF. UNFPA and Conditional Grant Scheme (CGS).
- Recording and keeping of individual National Housing Fund (NHF) passbooks.
Engr. Ismail Adetunji Adenuga
- Planning, designing, and construction of Flood and Erosion Control structures.
- Construction of primary and secondary collectors drains
- Maintenance of secondary and primary drainage channels.
- Hinterland and Coastal Erosion Control Management.
- Land reclamation and dredging.
- Ecological Matters
- The Ministry was involved in only investigation of complaints at present. Though, there are various already designed projects awaiting funding. In addition, the department does partake in some other Ad-Hoc duties assigned to it.
- Task force
- Preparing to host 11th National Council on Environment
Based on the amount approved for the department in the year 2017 fiscal year, the department wishes to carry-out the execution of the following projects which comprises of construction of hydraulic structures, reclamation, de-silting of drainage channels and dredging of identified silted Rivers/Stream Course.