BRIEF ON THE MINISTRY
Ministry of Information and Strategy serves as the channel in the two-way communication between the Government and the governed, creating a positive awareness and identity for the entire citizenry and re-orientation of values in line with the vision of the State Government.
Serves as the public relations agency to the various arms of government and undertake directly and through the assistance of the media an effective publicity of government’s efforts and activities.
Make copious use of various strategies of re-orientation of values to mobilize the entire citizenry for positive development, reposition the State and take it back to its glory and brand the State to leverage on the success achieved on developmental projects.
Beside Governor’s Office, Oke Mosan, Abeokuta.
PMB. 2034, Sapon, Abeokuta, Ogun State
Mr. Adesupo Abiodun Awere
Mr Fagbohun Kolawole Peter (+234-803-722-8404)
Mr Abiodun Awere
- News gathering and dissemination to the public
- Publication of Ogun State News Bulletin (OGIS)
- Highlighting the activities of government through well- researched and unbiased feature articles published in National Dailies, Provincial and Community Newspapers.
- Production and Publication of monthly newspaper- OGUN UPDATE and circulated among public servants opinion leaders/pressure groups in and outside the State.
- Information Officers in the Department are also assigned ad-hoc duties
- Production of Photographs and Films for circulation to the Print and Electronic Media and for government publications as well as for others outside government.
- Managing the production Unit of the Ministry.
Mr. Tajudeen Sokunbi
- Image management for the State Government.
- Reputation Management for the State Government and its functionaries.
- Mass re-orientation in line with the vision of the Government.
- Conflict Management and consensus building.
- Production of Promotional Materials about the state.
- Briefing sessions and village square meetings.
Mr Tunde Kazeem
- The Department is dedicated to enlightening the public on the activities of the State Government.
- This is done through regular Radio and Television programmes in English, Yoruba and Pidgin English.
Mr Waheed Adeshina
- Development of long/short term programmes and annual budgets for efficient performance in the Ministry.
- Coordination of Projects and Programmes
- Monitoring of Activities in respect of set targets of the Agency.
- Preparation of quarterly reports.
- Identification of the training needs of the Ministry.
- Coordination of Technical Aids / External Assistance.
- Impact assessment of projects/programmes of the Ministry
- Building a viable Data Book.
- Provision of Library services.
- Liaising with the Print and Electronic Media.
- Registration of Newspapers.
- Statistics and Information Communication Technology Unit.
- Collection, Collation, Analysis, Interpretation and Publication of information for policy making.
- Secretariat of the ministerial and Department Tenders Board.
- Establishment and Maintenance of Electronic Data Base.
- Computerization of the activities
- Training of Staff on Information technology
- Statistical Publication
Mr. Tunde Yemitan
- Appointment, Promotion, Discipline, Training and Welfare of Staff.
- Maintenance of Personnel Records, Office Equipment, Furniture, vehicles and stores
- sees to security and environmental sanitation and administrative matters.
- The Director acts as Secretary of the Ministry’s Personnel Management Committees and coordinates activities of the Agencies being supervised by the Ministry namely OGBC and OGTV.
Mr. Ayo Orekoya
- Ensures compliance with financial instructions and accounting codes by all staff under his control and supervision, advising the Accounting Officer and Departmental head on all financial matters as well as technical provisions of Financial Regulations and other Treasury and Finance Circulars.
- Maintains proper records of accounts/Ensure prompt rendition of all returns as prescribed in financial instructions.
- Ensures effective budgeting control by matching /comparing budgeted figures with actual expenditure or revenue and advising the Accounting Officer appropriately.
- Liaises with the office of the ACCOUNTANT – GENERAL on financial matters.
- Ensures timely preparation on final accounts / financial statements and assisting the Accounting Officer in ensuring that internal guides, rules, regulations and procedures are adequately provided.
The Ministry has daily, weekly and monthly programmes to educate the public on the activities, policies and programmes of the State Government. They are:
Ogun State Information Service bulletin (OGIS) - A Daily News Bulletin.
Ogun Update - A Monthly Publication.
Giant Strides - A Weekly Television Programme on OGTV @ 9.00 a.m Mondays
Ogun State Review - A Weekly English Programme on OGBC II @ 9.00 p.m on Thursdays
Ijoba Tiwa N Tiwa - A Weekly Yoruba Programme on OGBC I @ 4.15 p.m on Wednesdays
Ogun Dey Kampe - A Weekly Pidgin English Programme on OGBC II @ 7.30 p.m on Tuesdays
Supervision of Government owned Radio and Television Stations: Ogun State Broadcasting Corporation (OGBC) and Ogun State Television (OGTV) and Ogun State Printing Corporation (Print Corp.)
Registration of Newspaper Organizations in the State.