BRIEF ON THE MINISTRY
The Ministry of Urban and Physical Planning came into existence on the 5th of November,2012. It came into being upon the upgrading of the Bureau of Urban and Physical Planning into a full-fledged Ministry by the current Administration under the indefatigable leadership of His Excellency, Senator Ibikunle Amosun CON, FCA. This was in fulfillment of the Administration’s “Mission to Rebuild”, as well as the desire to promote physical development orderliness in the State.
The Ministry is the apex body of Physical Planning in Ogun State. It is responsible for the formulation of Physical Planning policies and the coordination of physical development within the State. It derives its statutory functions from section 3 line 246 of the State Urban and Regional Planning Law No.20 of 2005. Though the Ministry is the policy making body, it has the Urban and Regional Planning Board as its parastatal.
Block C 2nd Floor, State Government Secretariat, Oke Mosan, Abeokuta, Ogun State.
P.M.B 3066, Sapon, Abeokuta.
Mr. Nafiu Ayinla Adebiyi
Tpl (Mrs.) Yetunde Olubukunola Dina (08027603309)
To provide appropriate physical development policies for the growth and development of urban and rural settlements in the state in order to enhance effective and efficient development control system.
To provide an orderly, efficient, aesthetic and pleasing environment for good living, working and recreation.
OUR POLICY THRUST
To effectively control land uses in the state through strict compliance with the Master, Structure, Local and other Development Plans.
TPL Bola Ajayi
- Development of long/medium – term plans and Annual Estimates for the efficient performance of the Ministry and its parastatal.
- Monitoring of activities in respect of set targets of the Agency and carrying out effective monitoring and evaluation/ appraisal of project as at when due.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly progress reports of the Ministry.
- Identification/Development of Training needs of all Professional and Technical Officers in the Ministry.
- Research into areas of interest to the Agency with the aim of building a viable Data Bank for reference purpose.
- Provision of Library Services of Urban and Physical Planning matters, Demography, Urban Economy and the likes.
- Establishment and maintenance of the Ministry’s Electronic Database.
TPL O.R Talabi
- Monitoring and enforcement of compliance in the implementation of physical development plans throughout the State.
- Processing of Land Use Clearance applications for Base Transmission Stations’ Masts and Towers construction and approval of same in the State.
- Liaison with the service providers on issues relating to Base Transmission Station(BTS) sites across the State.
- Investigation and determination of petitions and complaints.
- Detection and sanction of contraveners.
TPL O.R. Akanni
- Granting of land use clearance for various land uses in the state in line with the statutory provisions and the existing approved development plans.
- Consideration of applications for Planning Information.
- Assessment of Environmental Impact Analysis Report on major development proposals.
- Preparation, updating and review of physical development plans.
- Provision of technical assistance to Local Planning Authorities.
TPL (Mrs.) F.S Atobasire
- Consideration and approval of private and public layout schemes.
- Providing technical assistance to the Urban and Regional Planning Board and Zonal Town Planning Authorities.
- Preparation of Governments Resettlement Schemes and others.
- Attending to various petitions and complaints on issues bordering on Urban Planning from the general public.
- Ensuring that all private individuals and corporate bodies’ planning proposals are in conformity with the State Government approved Development Plans.
- Relating with relevant Planning Agencies within the State for necessary synergy to achieve a balanced development.
- Organization of World Habitat Day Programmes.
TPL M.A Abiodun
- Preparation and implementation of comprehensive Regional, Sub regional and Master Plans.
- Formulation of State policies on Urban and Regional Planning.
- Liaison with the National Urban and Regional Planning Commission, the State Urban and Regional Planning Board and the Local Planning Authorities in the preparation of physical development plans.
- Liaison within other relevant Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) in the implementation of Regional Development Plans.
Mr. Dolamu Idowu-Agida
- The Department provides centralized direction, support and leadership for the effective Administration and operation of the Ministry for the overall objectives of the organization.
- Serves as the Secretariat to Management Meeting, Tenders Board Meeting and Senior Staff Committee Meeting.
- Co-ordination of Manpower Planning, Recruitment, Induction, Confirmation, Training, Assessments and Performance Appraisal, Leave, Promotions, Discipline (General Administration and Establishment Matters.)
- Formulation, Execution and Review of Policies and Programmes on Administrative and Human Resources Management.
- Implementation of all policies and Programmes relating to Administrative functions in line with the Public Service Rules and other Extant Regulations.
- Provision of essential and Administrative support services
- Responsible for Administrative Developmental Planning & Posting General.
- Collect and collate data for the preparation of Manpower budget.
- Procure and store all necessary Resources (material, machines etc.) in a transparent manner and ensure their cost effective usage
- Secure and maintain all Physical Resources and ensure timely requisition when the need arises.
- Development systems, procurement, and structures of internal control relating to Human & Physical resources
- Inventory Control of all organization’s Resources including but not limited to Offices, fixtures and fittings, vehicles etc.
- Prepare Budget Estimates in relation to manpower needs.
- Pension and General Welfare Matters.
Mr. Ijiola Aliu Ayinde
- Advises the Accounting Officer and other Departmental Heads on all financial matters as well as technical interpretation of Financial Regulations and other Treasury and Finance Circulars
- Maintains proper records of Accounts such as main and subsidiary ledgers, Cash Book, DVEA Book, Personal Advances Ledger etc.
- Ensure prompt rendition of all Returns e.g. Monthly Revenue and Expenditure Returns, Monthly Bank Reconciliation Statements, Loan and Advances Returns, Monthly Progress Reports etc. as stated in the Financial Instruction.
- Ensures effective budgeting control by matching/ comparing budgeted figures with actual expenditure or revenue as the case may be and advising the Accounting Officer appropriately.
- Liaison with the Office of the Accountant General from time to time when in doubt of the provision of Financial Instructions and other Treasury Circulars.
- Ensures the existence of an effective Audit Query Unit to promptly deal with all queries from Internal Audit Unit, Inspectorate Department, Office of the Auditor General, Public Accounts Committee and other such bodies.
- Ensures that monies are collected as at when due and keeps proper record of revenue accounts.
- Advises on the control and management of funds of the Ministry.
- Assist the Accounting Officer in ensuring that internal guides, rules, regulations and procedures are adequately provided for and that the security and effective check on the assessment, collection and accounting for revenue are put in place.
- Ensure timely preparation of Annual Accounts and Annual Financial Statements.
- Daily routine monitoring and control of physical development to ensure strict compliance with the operative physical development plans in the State.
- Timely processing of applications on layout, land use clearance and masts/base stations.
- Public sensitization, awareness/ enlightenment at the State, Local, Districts and neighborhood levels.
- Sanction of contraveners and their contravening structures.
- Extensive revenue generation drive to the coffers of the State Government.
- Traffic Survey (data compilation, collation and analysis) on the newly built Ogun premium and standard roads with focus on areas not yet covered e.g Ita – Eko, Itoka, Abiola way /NNPC road, Ayetoro road – Lafenwa, Sagamu, Ijebu Ode, Ilo Awela/Ota township road, Ijoko/Agbado Oke Aro road.
- Preparation and Execution of Development Plans (Master, District, Local and Subject Plan) as provided by the Urban and Regional Planning Law No 20 of 2005.
- Enforcement of sanction on illegal developments.
- Redevelopment and maintenance of physical planning orderliness at Mowe – Ibafo – Kara axis. of Lagos Ibadan Express way.
- Establishment of Development Control Task force to stop illegal development at the foundation level.
- Establishment of a Special Court/Tribunal on Town Planning issues as provided in the enabling Ogun State Urban and Regional Planning Law.
- Preparation of Master Plans for the major cities in the State vis-à-vis updating the operative State Regional Development Plan (2005 -2025) on the other hand, District and Local Development Plan are to be produced for medium size towns and other settlements respectively.
- Increase in the number of official monitoring vehicles for effective Development Control.