- To ensure the provision of good and durable roads in all the nooks and crannies of the State.
- To have a well integrated and sustainably safe grades of durable road networks;
- To maintain efficient Vehicle Inspection Services and;
- Prevention and control of Fire incidences across the State
Block C, New State Secretariat, Oke – Mosan, Abeokuta.
PMB 2071, Sapon, Abeokuta.
PHONE: 08056699311 | 08033328688
Engr. Kayode Ajibola Ademolake
: Engr. K.A. Ademolake (08033328688 | firstname.lastname@example.org)
Department of Highways Construction (Major Contracts)
Department of Planning, Research & Statistics
Department of Mechanical Engineering Services
Department of Highways Construction (Direct Labour)
Department of Department of Fire & Safety Services
Department of Finance & Accounts
Department of Administration & Supplies
- Provision of standard roads and other infrastructural facilities for social economic development in an environmentally sustainable manner;
- Compliance with due process in project planning, implementation and Management with preference for direct labour approach in project execution in order to reduce construction costs with effective use of manpower;
- Engagement of highly technical and established civil contractors with recognized efficiency base in the provision of infrastructure throughout the State.
- To ensure that Local Government Headquarters and other big towns and new development areas created by Government are accessible through good roads, thus avoiding traffic congestion;
- To empower our Vehicle Inspection Unit to be more effective, in order to rid our roads of vehicles that are not roadworthy;
- To improve the operational efficiency of our Fire and Safety Services Department so they can respond effectively to distress calls;
- Construction and Rehabilitation of Roads Statewide.
- Preparation of Tender Documents on Civil Engineering Project.
- Provision of Civil Engineering Consultancy to other Agencies of Government.
- Acquisition and Maintenance of Vehicle and Heavy Duty Plants.
- Production of Machine Parts.
- Mechanical Engineering Consultancy.
- Vehicle Inspection Services for Road Worthiness Certificate and Testing of Drivers for the Issuance of Driver’s License.
- Fire & Safety Services.
- Cooperation with the Federal Road Safety Commission on matters affecting safety on roads.
- Registration of all Contractors working with Ogun State Government.
- Design and provision of Road Furniture to ensure Road Safety; reduce user’s cost and sustenance of good driving culture.
Engr. (Dr.) L.O. Yusuf
- The Department of Highways Construction (MC) is responsible for the supervision of road construction projects awarded to major contractors in the State.
- It also coordinates donor agencies projects.
- It designs and provides Road Furniture and Infrastructure to ensure Road Safety.
Mr. N.A Adebiyi
- The Department coordinates the activities of all the other departments as regards administrative functions in the Ministry.
- It takes care of the personnel viz appointment and discipline as well as the staff welfare.
- It equally ensures promptness and commitment to work among the entire workforce.
- It also coordinates the activities of the Contract Registry in the Ministry.
- Registration of all Contractors working with the Ogun State Government.
Engr. O.J. Adebajo
- Provision, repair and maintenance of road construction Plant/Equipment at each of the Superintending Engineers Yard of the Ministry.
- Acquisition, repair and maintenance of Ministry’s Vehicle (light and heavy truck).
- Production/Acquisition of spare parts, major repairs and maintenance of Plant/Equipment, Vehicle (including trucks) at Central Mechanical Workshop (CMW) located at Quarry Road (Opposite “Agbeloba”) in order to provide Technical Support to all the Mechanical Engineering Stations of each of the Superintending Engineers Yards.
- Rendering of services; Acts as Consultant to other Ministries/Arms of Government and Private Sector on all matters of engineering nature e.g. Inspection/Evaluation of Plants/Vehicles, especially those slated for Board of Survey.
- Vehicle Inspection Services for Road Worthiness Certificate and Testing of Drivers for Issuance of Drivers Licenses.
- Cooperation with the Federal Road Safety Commission on matters affecting Safety on roads.
Engr. A.A. Ogunsina
- The Department is responsible for the execution of road Construction projects by direct labour.
- It reduces user costs and ensures sustenance of good driving culture with well-maintained roads.
Engr. S.L. Adeyemi
- Procurement of Contractors/Consultants for the Construction of various road projects within the three senatorial districts of the State.
- Monitoring and Evaluation of Civil Works & Consultancy Services.
- Quality control of Civil Works and Consultancy Services within the Ministry.
- Preparation of Tender Documents on Civil Engineering Projects.
- Provision of Civil Engineering Consultancy to other Agencies of Government as required by extant rules.
Mr. L.K. Gbagba
- Ensuring compliance with financial instructions and the accounting codes by all staff under his control and supervision.
- Advising the Accounting Officer and other Department Heads on all financial matters as well as technical provision of Financial Regulations and other Treasury and Finance Circulars.
- Maintaining proper records of accounts, such as Main and Subsidiary ledger, Cash Book, DVEA Book, Personal Advances Ledger, etc.
- Ensuring prompt rendition of all Returns e.g. Consolidated Accounts (Monthly Transcripts) Bank Reconciliation Statements, etc as prescribed in Financial Instructions.
- To ensure effective budgeting control by matching/comparing Budgeted figures with actual expenditure or revenue as the case may be and advising the Accounting Officer appropriately.
- Ensuring that all staff under his control are exposed to regular training programmes to prepare them for the efficient performance of their duties.
- Liaising with the Accountant-General from time to time when in doubt of the interpretation of the provisions of Financial Instructions and other Treasury Circulars or when confronted with difficulties in the performance of his duties.
- Ensuring the existence of an effective Audit Query Unit to promptly deal with all queries from Internal Audit-Units, Inspectorate Department and Public Accounts Committee and other such bodies.
- Ensuring that monies are collected as at when due and properly keeps records of accounts.
- Serving as a member of Departmental and Ministerial Tenders Board.
- Advising on the control and management of funds, investments loans and guarantees of the Ministry/Department.
- Assisting the Accounting Officer in ensuring that internal guides, rules regulations and procedures are adequately provided for and the security and effective check on the assessment collection and accounting for revenue are put in place.
- Ensuring timely preparation of final Accounts/Financial Statements.
Engr. F. A. Adefala
- To provide Fire Fighting Services to save lives and properties of people in the event of fire outbreak.
- To provide training for members of the public to prevent fire outbreak.
- To secure arrangement for obtaining by inspection or otherwise information required for firefighting purpose with respect to the character of the buildings and other property.
- The Fire and Safety Department is also responsible for the control of fire out breaks and other mishaps such as rescue operations from motor accidents either within the towns or on the highways.
OTHER FUNCTIONS OF THE MINISTRY
- Supervisory activities over the following Agencies;
- Ogun State Road Maintenance Agency (OGROMA)
- Bureau of Electrical Engineering Services. (BEES)
- Flyover Bridge at Lagos Garage, Ijebu-Ode
- Fly over Bridge at Mobalufon Junction, Ijebu-Ode
- Abiola way/ Muda Lawal stadium
- Moriamo/Olorombo road
- OGTV/Brewery Road
- Flyover Bridge at Ilaro
- Lafewa Ayetoro road
- Ojere Adatan road
- Flyover Bridge at Iyana Mortuary
- Ilo-Awela road
- Sagamu Benin Express/ Oba Erinwole
- Ejirin / Oluwalogbon road
- Ilara/Ijoun/Ilase road
- Bridge over river , Yakoyo
- Flyover Bridge at Obada Market , Ijebu-Igbo
- Bridge over river , Abule Ekun
- Idiroko-Ipokia ROAD BRIDGE
- Afon bridge
- Odo Afa Bridge along Imeko-Afon road
- Moshood Abiola way
- Ilishan/Ago-Iwoye road
- Magboro Underpass/ Arepo Road
- Mowe/Ofada road
- Sango/Ijoko/Ojodu Abiodun road
- Abeokuta / Sagamu Interchange road
- Construction of Ita-Iba _Bomo-Oluwo road, Ayetoro
- Construction of Ilupeju-Kashi-Fadairo, Ayetoro
- Construction of Powerline/Bungalow road
- Bashorun Adebisi Adesanya road (Aiyepe road) off Hospital road, Sagamu
- Hospital road, thr. St John Pry Schl Junction to Fakele and Emuren
- Fidipote str., Ijebu-Ode
- Ota Str., Ijebu-Ode
- Soyoye Crescent, Idi Aba
- Dr. Koye Majekodunmi road, Ibara Housing Estate, Abeokuta.
- Deflooding of DUPMOS/Yemule/Hausa Burial Ground , Molode, Ijebu Ode
- Deflooding/ rehabilitation of Imolu/Ikoto road, Ijebu- Ode
- Construction of Owode Babalawo
- Construction of Oloko-Afon road
- Taye Sobandestreet off Ayetoro
- Construction of Iberekodo mkt- Ikija High School Road, Abeokuta
- Ita Morin to Ita Banbo to Erunwon
- Tekobo Junction , Idi Aba to Tekobo to Lantoro High School Junction/ Fence
- Arigbadu/Sabana Taiwo/ Adalemo road (Ota Ward 3)
- Temidire/ Korede/Adenugba (Sango Ward)
- Oke Oyinbo to Oja Ale to Oke Padre road (Ado-Odo)
- Gateway Institute to All Saints Pry Schl road (Igbesa Township)
- Igan Alade Market, Road to Night Market to Ijoun
- Ebute Igbooro Township Roads
- Alhaji Akinlade to Produce Store Road
- Kumoye Street, Ilaro
- Itori Main Township Road
- Papalanto Main Township Road
- Osoba Road, Agbado
- Rafco/Aboro Agbado/Okearo Road
- Isensi Road to Odoladalepo Road
- Imusin to Owu Ikija Road
- Igan Isamuro Road (Ago – Iwoye)
- Orun to Awa vis Ilaporu
- Erunwon to Atan Road
- Atan to Imomo Road
- Construction of Babcock University Hospital Road. Leading to Hassan Odukale Road. Ilisan.
- Araromi market to Agbogbe to Ipokia Road
- Ipokia to Maun to Akere Waterside
- Construction of Two Culvert and lined drain along Maba Road, Mowe (1.2km)
- Drainage Work @ Mulaka Area
- Somorin (Obantoko) to OGTV Road
- Camp to FUNAAB to Alabata to Kila Road
- Efire to Ibu Town Road
- Togburin Ibiade to Agodo Lokula Road
- Sokabi Street, Isara Remo
- Ilisan to Ilara to Akaka Road
- Simawa to Agbele Road
- Ewu Olowo Awonusi Road.
- Flyover Bridge at Lusada Junction
- Agbara – Atan Road, Lusada – Igbesa, Lusada – Alapoti road.
- Papalanto/Ilaro/Fed Poly road