BRIEF ON THE OFFICE
Ogun State was established on October 1st 1976. Ogun State House of Assembly foundation was laid on Thursday 4th January, 1979; it was a short but impressive ceremony, albeit with a deep religious content. The then Honourable State Commissioner for Works and Housing, Dr. Onaolopo Soleye said “Inter alia” it is faith that has brought us here this morning.
In formally laying the foundation stone of the House, the Gallant Administrator of the State, Brig. H. O. D. Eghagha, pleaded, “I implore all those who by the grace of God will become Members of the State House of Assembly not to turn this place into a battle field. That short ceremony sums up the cheered history of government by freely elected representatives of the people in our country before July, 1979. Ogun State House of Assembly being the Legislative Arm of Government was established with the inauguration of the 1st Legislature on the 1st October, 1979.
P.M.B. 2054, Sapon, Abeokuta.
Engr. Jonathan Olukunle Onajobi (08039173424)
To build a virile, diligent and purposeful legislature
To ensure that public funds are appropriated to projects that will enhance the living. Standard of the people as well as ensuring that funds appropriated are expended. Prudently on projects which they were meant for.
There are Twenty-Six Members in the House, each representing about Forty-Three Thousand citizens, including those who voted against the Member, those who were eligible but did not vote and those who were not eligible to vote. It is therefore obvious that a Member represents in the House his constituents and not his political party
ROLES/FUNCTIONS OF HOUSE OF ASSEMBLY
- Enactment of laws: They enact, repeal and revise laws for the citizenry.
- All laws originate as bills. A bill (other than a Finance bill) may be conceived and
- drafted by any citizen of the State. But only Members may sponsor it in the
- House, including those forwarded by the Executive and private citizens
- To become Law, a bill must be read three times and passed by majority vote of the House.
- Oversight Function/ Check on other Arms of Government: They act as supervisor or “watchdog” of the activities of the other organs of government (the Executive and the Judiciary) in furtherance of the doctrine of checks and balances.
- Approval for the spending of Public Fund/Money: Public money cannot be raised or spent without Legislative approval as clearly stated in Section 80(3) and 80(4) of the Nigeria Constitution. “No money shall be withdrawn from any public fund of the State unless the issue of those money has been authorized by the Legislature.
- The State House of Assembly derives similar jurisdiction through Section 120(3) & 120(4) of the Constitution.
Mr. Adedeji Taiwo Adeyemo
- Supervises other Departments
- Secretariat for Plenary Sessions
- Covers Proceedings on the floor of the Chamber
- Prepares Votes and Proceedings
- Convey Resolutions at Plenary Sessions
- In charge of Courtesy Visit and Plenary Observation to the House
Mrs. Bolajokjo Oluwatoyin Adegunle
- Committee as a Department in the Legislative Arm of the Government is saddled with the responsibilities of providing Secretariat Assistance of Twenty-Two (22) House Standing Committees. Each of these Committees comprises selected groups of Legislators assigned to examine matters more closely than could be done at the plenary. Once again, functions of the Department includes scrutinizing draft Bills and the State Budget Proposal through Stakeholders forum; Oversee Government Programmes; and provide an opportunity for Public to participate in the Legislative process.
Mrs. Olufunmilayo Ajoke Adeyemi
- Rendering Legal Advice to the Speaker Honourable Members and the Office.
- Drafting, Amending and Vetting of Bills.
- Liaising with Ministry of Justice to represent the interest of the House on pending Legal matters in Court
- Watch briefs for the House
- Attend and function at Committee meetings.
Mr. Fatai Adesina Ayodeji
- Collation of Data of all Activities in the House
- Preparation of Annual Report
- Secretary for Tender Board Committee
- Execution, Coordination and Supervision of Projects
- Preparation of Training Proposal and Execution
- Collaboration with other Department in preparing the Budget
Mr. Abiodun Adebayo Koya
- Production of accurate records and up-to-date Daily Hansard in conformity with Parliamentary reporting procedure.
- Coverage of House Committees Assignments and Courtesy Visits.
- Preparation of Bound Volume of Official Report.
Mr. Adewale Adeyinka Gbadebo
- Provide centralized direction, support and leadership for effective Administration.
- Coodinate the manpower planning, Recruitment, induction, confirmation, Trading, Assessments and Performance, Appraisal, Leave, Promotions, discipline.
- Implementation of all policies and programmes relating to Administrative functions.
- Provision of essential and Administrative support services.
- Preparation of Monthly Bulk expenses.
- Procure and store all necessary Resources
- Inventory control of all organisations Resources including but not limited to offices, fixtures and fittings.
- Prepare Budget Estimates
- Pension and General Welfare matters
Mrs. Nimota Amoke Adeyanju
Account Department is a Department that is very important section in any organization both the Private and Public Sectors the following underlisted are the main duties performing by OGHA Account Department.
- Monthly preparation of inputs to the Accountant General
- Monthly preparation of Salaries and Allowance Reconciliation Statement
- Monthly preparation of returns both heads and Sub-heads to the Ministry of Budget and Planning
- Monthly preparation of payment vouchers
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliation
- Preparation of Annual Increment to concern Officers
- Preparation of Promotion Arrears to concern Officers
- Analysis of Monthly Expenditure
Mrs. Susanah Olufunmilayo Olufemi
- Production of daily Order Paper’s, Votes and Proceedings for Plenary.
- Setting and Printing of the Bills for Governor’s ascent.
- Production of Official Identity Cards for Honourable Members and Staff.
- Complimentary of Bound Volume of Hansard.
- Production of Bound Volume of Hansard
- Printing of Flex.
- And any other jobs assigned
Mrs. Florence Iyabo Ige
- Recruitment and Promotion of Staff
- Keeping data of personnel
- Processing of Retirees Pension and Gratuity
- Keeping of Record of Service of Staff
- Processing of Annual Leave and Maternity
- Preparation of Budget and Manpower
Mr. Jamiu Abiodun Lawal
- Ensure comprehensive publicity for Ogun House of Assembly Legislative Business, Legislative Activities in print, Broadcast and on line meeting.
- Production of the Legislative Page in Ogun Update Official Monthly Publication of the State Ministry of Information and Strategy.
- Media Tacking of news on Ogun State House of Assembly.
- Assessment of Feedback on Ogun House of Assembly activities from the members of the public.
Mr. Samusideen Musa Alade
- Maintenance of Electrical and Electronics Appliances
- Clearing Fault
Mrs. Ruqaiyyah Abiola. Adegbenro
- Checking of Monthly Reconciliation of Salaries and Allowances of Honourable Members and Staff of the Ogun State House of Assembly as prepared by the Account Department
- Checking of Prepayment Vouches
- Ensuring that monies are expended for the purpose of which they were released for.
- Checking of Monthly returns and reconciling such with the expenditure of the House.
- All other duties that are necessary in the cause of the duty of the Internal Audit.
- Working directly under the supervision of the Clerk’s Office
- House Bill No. 04/OG/2016- The Customary Courts (Amendment) Law, of Ogun Sate, 2016- Second Reading
- House Bill No. 05/OG/2016- The Magistrates’ Courts (Amendment) Law, of Ogun State, 2016- Second Reading
- House Bill No. 06/OG/2016- The Ogun State Accident Victims First-Aid Law, 2016- In Committee
- House Bill No. 07/OG/2016- The Harmonized Revenue and Other charges Law, of Ogun State, 2016-Second Reading
- House Bill No. 08/OG/2016- Year 2017 Appropriation Law- (i) Report of the Committee (ii) Committee of Supply (iii) Third Reading
- House Bill No. 09/OG/2016- Ogun State Animal Grazing Regulations and Cattle Ranch Establishment Law, 2016-Second Reading
- House Resolution No. 046/2016- Enforcement of Ogun State Commercial Colours on all Commercial Transport Vehicles in the State.
- House Resolution No. 049/2016- Need for a Review of the School of Nursing Establishment Law and Upgrading of Facilities at all Schools of Nursing in the State.
- House Resolution No. 050/2016- A Call on all Road Traffic Law Enforcement Agencies to enforce all Regulations especially on the Appropriateness of Vehicle Headlights.
- House Resolution No. 054/2016- Need for Fire Safety and Awareness in Organization.
- House Resolution No. 055/2016- Enforcement of Extant Regulation Curbing Financial Embarrassment Through Over-deduction from Salaries and Allowances of Public Servants in the State.
- House Resolution No. 057/2016- Granting of Incentive to Energy Consumers for Provision and Energizing of Transformers for their Communities.
- House Resolution No. 061/2016-Need for Regular Evacuation of Water-Hyacinth on Ogun River to Enhance Smooth Flow of the River and Prevent Attendant Hazards.
- House Resolution No. 063/2016- Urgent Need for the Establishment of a Division, each of the Court of Appeal of Nigeria and the National Industrial Court of Nigeria in Ogun State and Related Matters.
- House Resolution No. 066/2016- Need to Regulate the Function of Local Governments and Ministry of Health with regard to Establishment and Management of Cemeteries and Morgues in Ogun State.
- House Resolution No. 080/2016-Provision of Waste Transfer Station and Dumpsites for Local Government Across the State.