BRIEF ON THE OFFICE
Prior to the Ogun State law of 1983 signed by the then Governor Late Olabisi Onabanjo, the Board was utilizing the Edict promulgated by the Military. However, an amendment to the law was made by Governor Gbenga Daniel, which came into effect on 21st July, 2008.
Block B, New State Secretariat Complex, Oke-Mosan, Abeokuta
Dr. Ishaq Adebayo Yusuf (08034996677)
Alhaji Tunji Kalejaiye (08033469620)
The main focus of the Ogun State Muslim Pilgrims Welfare Board is to protect and safeguard the interests and welfare of Ogun State pilgrims.
The following programmes were implemented for Hajj Exercise;
- Elaborate Enlightenment Programme;
- Lectures, Seminars for the prospective pilgrims;
- Religious and Immigration Screening Exercises and Inoculation of Pilgrims;
- Processing and procurement of Pilgrims’ Travelling Documents;
- Processing of Basic Travelling Allowances of Pilgrims;
- Provision of Pilgrims’ Uniforms and other Hajj materials.
Alhaji S. I. A. Sofola
- To assist in all segments of Hajj documentation.
- To assist in the general administrative functions and supervision of staff.
- Supervision of the open registry.
- To assist in the disciplinary matters of Staff.
- To assist in the preparation of the Annual Hajj report.
- Any other duties assigned by the Authority.
Mrs. Bolajokjo Oluwatoyin Adegunle
- Committee as a Department in the Legislative Arm of the Government is saddled with the responsibilities of providing Secretariat Assistance of Twenty-Two (22) House Standing Committees. Each of these Committees comprises selected groups of Legislators assigned to examine matters more closely than could be done at the plenary. Once again, functions of the Department includes scrutinizing draft Bills and the State Budget Proposal through Stakeholders forum; Oversee Government Programmes; and provide an opportunity for Public to participate in the Legislative process.
Alhaji A. K. Fajobi
- It prepares and manages staff emoluments.
- It coordinates the Pilgrims Basic Travelling allowances (BTA).
- It handles the Pilgrims Hajj fare
- It issues Government receipts to the Pilgrims for payments made for application forms, Hajj fares and BTA.
- It keeps proper records of the Board’s account with the Banks.
- It prepares the annual budget of the Board.
- It transfers Hajj fares to National Hajj Commission of Nigeria (NAHCON).
- 2017 Hajj Exercise.
- Commencement of the 2017 Hajj Exercise by January, 2017.
- Preliminary steps have commenced towards enhanced successful year 2017 Hajj Exercise.
- The Board hopes to provide more comfortable accommodation in Saudi Arabia and adequate medical/welfare for all the pilgrims.
OTHER RELEVANT DATA/STATISTICS
- The Board has thirteen (13) appointed members headed by the Chairman with the responsibility of policy formulation for the smooth running of the Board.
- The Board also has thirty seven (37) career officers headed by the Executive Secretary saddled with the responsibility of policy implementation.