BRIEF ON THE AGENCY
Ogun State Traffic Compliance and Enforcement Corps (TRACE) is a paramilitary outfit of the State Government established with an enabling Law of March 9th, 2005 as amended 25th September, 2007 and placed under the Public Order and Safety Sector alongside with Judicial Commission and Ministry of Justice. The outfit is a social service rendering agency of the state apparatus
The Corps has a distinct approved Scheme of Service for various Officers and Men cadre in line with other to all the road users for better service delivery.Paramilitary Outfits in Nigeria and recognized as part of the State Service Chiefs team for safety and security; particularly in Ogun State and Nigeria in general.
TRACE was established to provide the three levels of Road Safety Management System to the citizenry of the state. The three (3) levels are;
- Institutional Management (over-arching functions, coordination, monitoring and evaluation, research, development and knowledge transfer, etc.).
- Interventions (management of road traffic network, safe entry and exit of vehicles and users within the road network, prevention and recovery of crashes).
- Results (long term, intermediate and short term outcomes).
However, the Corps started her traffic operations with compliance & subtle enforcement in November 2005 with Abeokuta zonal command, Ota zonal command and the State Headquarters in Abeokuta. TRACE began full Traffic Enforcement in June, 2006 and has since expanded its operational activities to wider parts of the State with additional 24 operational commands.
OGBC COMPLEX, IBARA HOUSING ESTATE, ABEOKUTA
( Vacant )
CDR’ ABDULFATAI OLASENI OGUNYEMI
- Department of Planning, Research & Statistics
- Department of Urban Electrification
- Department of Rural Electrification
- Department of Electrical Extension Services
- Department of Administration & Supplies
- Department of Finance & Accounts
To protect and enhance the safety of all road users through organized public education, enlightenment programme, compliance and enforcement. To enhance the Road Traffic flow system in the continuous transformation process of Ogun-State for investment drive. To rejuvenate the Corps through sustainable capacity building for professional practices in modern road traffic management.
To ensure quality Service delivery to all motoring public as well as complement the efforts of other Traffic Managers in the State through systemic synergy. To ensure a commensurable reduction in road traffic accidents/crashes so as to attain the United Nations Decade of Action for Road Safety (2011-2020) platform. To inject order and control mechanism into the road traffic system within the State through best practices. To perform such other regulatory functions as may be duly assigned by the State Government within the law that set it up.
- Team work
- Zero tolerance for extortion, bribery and corruption.
- Consultancy Services i.e. Survey, Design, Preparation of B.E.M.E and Supervision of all Electrical Projects
- Pursuance of Development of Independent Power Plant which will generate energy for use in Ogun State.
- Pursuance of international Grants/Aids and contracts for State Government of Electrical Projects
- Planning of energy requirement for the State vis-à-vis ensuring balanced distribution and provision of standby supply through Generating Set, Solar System
Engr. B. A. Okesola
- Installation of streetlights.
- Construction and maintenance of electrical facilities in garages, stadium complexes, trade fair complexes etc.
- Perimeter lights in Government buildings, markets, etc.
- Maintenance of streetlights installations.
Engr. O. S. Adebayo
The Department is assigned with the responsibilities to transmit and distribute energy to communities and any other location across the StateConstruction of Rural Electrification projects.
(i) To carry out construction of rural electrification projects of Government.
(ii) To carry out construction, installation and maintenance of low tension (L.T) and high tension(H.T) of Inter-Township Connection (I. T. C) and Township Distribution Network (T.D.N) of community and peril-urban centre across the State.
(iii) To carry out Construction, installation and maintenance of power distribution substations.
(iv) To carry out the connection of communities along the National Grid to source of power supply both through transformer installation and low tension (L.T) and high tension (H.T) networks
(v) To carry out re-routing of high tension (H.T) and low tension (L.T) power lines for road and other infrastructural developments/expansion.
(vi) To carry out upgrading of transformer substation accessories.
(vii) To carry out any other electrical work assigned to the Department by the authority.
S. M. A. Adelakun
- Construction of new transmission line on Independent Power Plant (I. P. P).
- Maintenance services on the Mini Power transmission lines.
- Seeking approval for all the Electrical installation to be carried out of IBEDC network and liaising with NEMSA for proper connection on the National Grid.
- Liaising with all Independent Power Plant (I. P. P) investors on the way forward for usage of energy use in Ogun State.
- Involvement in all Electrical projects to be carried out by the State
- Installation and maintenance of Transformations on the I.P.P Transmission Lines.
- Liaising with all State Government MDA’s on Electrical Services Extension.
- Maintenance of Electrical Service in Government Building and structures.
- Operation and Maintenance of standby Generator set in all MDA’s.
- Maintenance of Household Electrical/Electronics and R&A equipment in Government Building and structures.
Miss O. T. Adeyemi
- Administration and Establishment matters in the Agency such as promotion, recruitment, confirmation, discipline etc.
- Preparation of periodical reports for the Agency.
- Co-ordinates the activities of the Agency as well as sees to the welfare and well being of the entire staff.
Mr. Taiwo Idowu
- Advising all Department Heads on all Financial Matters as well as technical Provision of Financial Regulations and other Treasury and Financial Circular.
- Keep proper accounting records (Book of Accounts) e.g Cash Book, DVEA Books and Personal Ledger, Main and Subsidiary ledger e. t. c.
- Maintaining proper records of account, such as Main and Subsidiary ledgers, Cash Book, DVEA Book, personal Advances Ledger, etc.
- Render all Returns, Capital and Recurrent Expenditure, Personal Advances, Bank Reconciliation Statement, Salary Reconciliation and other information that may be required by Higher authority.
- Disbursement of Fund.
- Ensure compliance with Financial Regulation and the Accounting codes by all staff.
- Prepare Final Accounts/Financial Statement of the Bureau.
- Prepare Bureau’s Annual Budget.
- Prepare Monthly Salary input and report there in to the State Treasury Office.
- Custodian of Security Documents such as Cheque Book.
- Prepare Bureau’s Bank Reconciliation