Vision: To ensure adequate control and effective management of public finance of Ogun state
Mission: To ensure that all Government Revenue in its care are adequately protected, duly accounted for and prevent leakages.
- POLICY THRUST/POLICY DIRECTION FOR 2023
To ensure transparency and accountability in the income and expenditure of government for efficient financial system. KEY AREAS OF CONCERN
- Improvement on the implementation of IPSAS Accruals and its application
- Preparation of Final accounts, collation and consolidation of State Financial Statements and monitoring of revenue.
- Introduction of payments solution known as Bank Account Monitoring System (BAMS)
- Acquisition of Enterprise Resource Plan which make preparation of IPSAS Accrual seamless.
RELATIONSHIP WITH THE STATE GOVERNMENT POLICY
- The goal of the Agency is to achieve the State Government policy on States Fiscal Transparency, Accountability and Sustainability for effective and efficient resources allocation in line with International best practices as well as the State Fiscal responsibility provisions.
CONTRIBUTION TO THE STATE DEVELOPMENT PLAN
- This Agency has keyed into Ogun State Development Plan (OGSDP) 2018-2030 through its responsibility to provide funding for various development initiatives as approved by the State Government.
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- IPSAS Accrual accounting has improved the quality of general-purpose reporting by Ogun Sate Government which led to better informed assessments of the resource allocation decisions made by the Government, thereby helping in the increase of transparency and accountability.